Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
By Beatrice Valenzuela
Beatrice Valenzuela created this recipe for Stuffed Piquillo Pepper using our Wonder Valley Olive Oil. Beatrice advises that this is best served at the commencement of a cocktail soiree or dinner party with dear friends, and pairs wonderfully with this Mezcal Margarita recipe.
- 10 Piquillo peppers packed in oil
- 7 “Boquerones” en escabeche, whole fillets (deboned anchovies marinated in olive oil & vinegar), lightly shredded with a fork
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced widthwise into 1/2” thick coins, then quarter each coin into 4 wedges 1 medium-sized shallot, finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Wonder Valley Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes, or to your preference
- Flaky sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- A teaspoon of fresh or dried oregano
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Chive flowers if in season or edible flowers, for garnish
- Fresh bread for dipping
- Integrate all ingredients and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes, then follow by stuffing each Piquillo pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and delicately garnish with oregano leaves, parsley, and flower blossoms.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add zest.
- Accompany with fresh bread, and do use the oil to dip.
Wonder Valley Olive Oil elevates any meal through its bright, herbaceous, peppery flavor and delivers a delicious dose of polyphenols, the powerful antioxidant associated with longevity of life. Our 2022 harvest oil is a blend of Arbequina, Favalosa and Tuscan olives hand-picked from the groves in Lake County, CA and pressed within hours of harvest by a master miller.
Explore More Recipes
Garlicky Tomato Galette
By Spencre McGowan
This recipe combines tomatoes, herbs, garlic and oil for a delicious treat.
Spicy Scallop Wonton Crisp
By Sandy Ho
A juicy and refreshing bite fit for a personal snack or a party appetizer, featuring Wonder Valley Olive Oil, California citrus with a dash of fish sauce.
By Jeffrey Ozawa
This simple, fragrant pasta comes together with just a handful ingredients for a comforting meal at home.
Marinated Ricotta Salata with Cracked Spices
By Alexis DeBoschnek
A perfect snack for hosting on a summer afternoon, this dish comes together with little to no trouble and just a few fresh ingredients.
Brothy Seafood Chowder
By Alison Carroll
The homemade stock makes all the difference in this flavorful, savory, perfectly smooth chowder. Look for a trusted seafood monger who filets and debones the fish themselves. They usually will have plenty of fishbones left over.
Butterflied Chicken with Herbs and Cracked Olives
By Alison Carroll
Butterflying the chicken makes a compact, flat package that's easier to crisp and cook through.