Stuffed Piquillo Peppers
Beatrice Valenzuela created this recipe for Stuffed Piquillo Pepper using our Wonder Valley Olive Oil. Beatrice advises that this is best served at the commencement of a cocktail soiree or dinner party with dear friends, and pairs wonderfully with this Mezcal Margarita recipe.
- 10 Piquillo peppers packed in oil
- 7 “Boquerones” en escabeche, whole fillets (deboned anchovies marinated in olive oil & vinegar), lightly shredded with a fork
- 1 Persian cucumber sliced widthwise into 1/2” thick coins, then quarter each coin into 4 wedges 1 medium-sized shallot, finely chopped
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of Wonder Valley Olive Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of red pepper flakes, or to your preference
- Flaky sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Zest of one lemon
- A teaspoon of fresh or dried oregano
- A handful of fresh parsley
- Chive flowers if in season or edible flowers, for garnish
- Fresh bread for dipping
- Integrate all ingredients and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes, then follow by stuffing each Piquillo pepper.
- Drizzle olive oil and delicately garnish with oregano leaves, parsley, and flower blossoms.
- Squeeze lemon juice and add zest.
- Accompany with fresh bread, and do use the oil to dip.