Citrus Dutch Baby Pancake
"Dutch baby pancakes are one of my favorite things to make on a Sunday morning. So easy and scrumptious and you can whip one up in no time. I make mine with saffron milk and Wonder Valley olive oil resulting in the most beautiful sunrise-like creation rising in your cast iron pan. Sometimes, like today I pop it in the fireplace so the edges get extra crispy and golden."
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- A few strands of saffron
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- Wonder Valley Olive Oil
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Zest from 1 orange
- Creme fraiche and powdered sugar optional
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- Heat up milk and saffron in a small sauce pan and let it sit and infuse for a few minutes. Let cool and strain.
- Add butter to a cast iron pan and pop it in the oven to melt.
- Meanwhile vigorously whisk together your saffron milk, eggs, zest, flour and salt.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast iron pan and bake it for 20 minutes.
- Pull the cast iron out of the oven, drizzle with Wonder Valley Olive Oil and if you so wish, sift powdered sugar all over until the peaks look like snow capped mountains.
- Serve immediately and with creme fraiche, if desired.