The Best Pesto
Parkside Cafe was one of our first stockists when we launched Wonder Valley in 2014. We love to detour on our drive north to the olive groves during harvest each November to the seaside town of Stinson Beach for a meal and a visit. This idyllic shop / cafe / market has it all; a view of Mt. Tam on one side and the Pacific Ocean on the other. A wood-burning stove in the shop, and the most incredible seafood-heavy menu with the freshest fish and oysters. It would be a big mistake to miss out on the pesto, to dunk the fresh-baked levain bread or buy in the market place for a picnic on the beach.
- 4 servings
- Yield 1 cup
- 1/2 cup Wonder Valley Olive Oil
- 2 cups basil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 2 cups arugula
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Pulse basil, arugula, and pine nuts in a food processor.
- Add garlic, shallots, Parmesan and pulse again several times.
- Slowly and steadily pour Wonder Valley Olive Oil while continuing to pulse.
- Season with salt pepper and lots of lemon juice.